Rural Valley Elementary and High Schools

Rural Valley Grade and High School.

Rural Valley Grade and High School.
Click on the picture to display a larger version, if one is available.

This photo is undated. The plaque on the front of the school, above the large window, reads "1911/Public School." The caption on the back reads "R.V. Grades and H.S."

This building was known as the Red Brick School. It was located at 601 Main Street, where the First National Bank is located now. The building was built in 1911 and demolished in 1974 (reference: "Armstrong County, Pennsylvania: A Collection of Topical and Family Sketches," Taylor Publishing Co., Paoli PA, 1980, p. 200).

Donor: Estate of Maxine E. Stewart.