About this site. Here is some of the history of Rural Valley and nearby areas in and around Cowanshannock Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania that I've gathered up along the way.
The site started out presenting research about my family, but its focus now is on the history and people of the area. It is a work in progress with much more to be added.
Submissions are very welcome! I am grateful to the people who have contributed content to this site. Special thanks go to Linda Repine for donating items from the estate of Mary Elizabeth Caylor, and to Chuck Colton for scanning his family's collection of old photographs and memorabilia.
A note about the "My Family" section. This area contains pictures of and genealogical information about my relatives, some of whom are not from the Rural Valley area.
How to find what you're looking for:
- Browsing: use the menu to see the major topics and their subtopics. (If you're on a mobile device, the menu will be at the bottom of this page.)
- Searching: use the search box at the top of the menu. Here are some search tips:
- enter a surname, e.g. Casedy, or perhaps a first name and surname, e.g. Samuel Casedy.
- enter a town name:
- if the town's name is a single word, e.g. Sagamore or Yatesboro, just enter it.
- if searching for Rural Valley, use quotes, e.g. "Rural Valley".
- if searching for NuMine, copy (NuMine OR "Nu Mine") and paste it into the search box. Be sure to include the parentheses.
Want to see what's going on today? Visit:The Rural Valley Borough web site.
Weather forecast for Rural Valley and vicinity.
Enhancements to make this site more mobile-friendly came from thesitewizard.com.